Jouef model railways HO scale
Production Jouef Champagnole (until 2000)
- tinplate track sections,
- track sections with ballast,
- "New rails" track sections,
- plastic track sections,
During the half-century which has been just passed, Jouef manufactured various types of track sections according to times. We will retain three types of tracks whose characteristics are detailed.
- tinplate track sectionsAppeared about 1952, at the same time as the first mechanical locomotive "Diabolic" which became later the "presidential Pacific" , the track is made entirely in metal. It is a pressed lithographed sheet metal tracks whose sleepers are represented in black, the ballast has a red colour in its first version. Two years after, the ballast clearly takes a color gray nearer to be realistic. This kind of track is used for clockwork trains only and remains with the Jouef price list until April 1960.
- track sections with ballastAfter the clockwork trains, Jouef launches out on the market of the model trains about 1955. The choice of the feeding system carries on a two rail D.C. current supply low tension. The lithographed sheet metal tracks system cannot be used any more and it is replaced by a new system of track: two brass rails fixed on a bed of plastic ballast. This type of track is compatible with clockwork trains. This track range disappeared in 1961, replaced by the "new rails" track range.
- "New rails" track sections
- plastic track sectionsLast kind of track sections, the track is fully black plastic moulded. These tracks, very cheap to made, were included in the last clockwork train sets produced by Jouef.
Production Lima-Rivarossi (2002-2004)
- track sections,
- track sectionsWe find the last Jouef track sections range in nickel silver sold under the brand "Lima" and discribed in the "Lima" and "Rivarossi" catalogues.
Production Hornby-Jouef (since 2006)
- track sections,
- track sectionsWe find the track sections range manufactured by Hornby UK in the Hornby-Jouef catalogues since 2006. See documentation Pdf.